NY, NY 10001
April 27–June 6
The Jewelry Library and BOX are pleased to present Restringing the Pearl, an exhibition and sale that explores personal and cultural perspectives on pearls as classic symbols of elegance, status, and chic.
Curated by Petra Class and Biba Schutz, Restringing the Pearl features artists Doris Betz, Elizabeth Brim, Kathleen Browne, Tanya Crane, Aaron Decker, Sandra Enterline, Susie Ganch, Brice Garrett, Mielle Harvey, Marjorie Simon, Melissa Stern, Amy Tavern, Katja Toporski, Niki Ulehla, and Mallory Weston.
“We started by asking artists to share their pearl story,” says Biba Schutz, “since pearls brought up so many memories for Petra and me–memories of our families, special occasions, growing up. We wanted stories to be the springboard for the works themselves.”
An immersive environment encourages visitors to view the works and hear the artist tell the personal story that inspired it. Join us for an Opening Reception Wednesday, April 26th, 6:00–8:00pm. Other In Person and Online Programming will include…
- Tuesday, May 2nd (5:00pm): Gallery Talk with Biba Schutz and JB Jones, co-founder of NYC Jewelry Week.
- Thursday, May 11th (4:00–7:00pm): Pearl Stories Afternoon Tea (and cocktails) in honor of Mother’s Day. Bring a photo of pearls in your family, share your story, and view the exhibition! Email email@example.com to RSVP.
- Tuesday, May 16th (11:00–1:00pm) and Wednesday, May 17th (4:00–6:00pm): Pearl Redesign Workshop. Join Biba, Petra, and other artists for a conversation about giving your old pearls new life! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
- Monday, May 22nd (7:00pm EST): Zoom Storytelling Workshop.
- Tuesday, May 23rd (3:00pm EST): Online Gallery Talk with Petra Class and JB Jones.
My Kind of Pearl
Slotted Pearl #1